Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Haircut

     Gatlin is not fond of haircuts at all. Since his very first one he pretty much loathes them. Unfortunately for him his hair grows super fast and he tends to need them fairly often. For a while we had been going to the same stylist in our local Walmart but after one very embarrasing day I haven't really wanted to go back.
     The stylist, Amy, was great but my son was a whole other issue. He'd been having a rough day anway but he really needed to get his hair cut. Well lets just say that this particular time he pulled out all the stops as far as throwing a tantrum goes and I ended up carrying him out of the store, stiff as a board, while kicking and screaming. Oh yeah I was embarrased.
     Luckily for me my brother happens to be a stylist, infact Amy was his former boss so he's learned some tricks as far as dealing with kid cuts. Then there's also the fact that we've found an even better way to cheat the system so to speak ... we cut Gatty's hair when he's asleep! Yep that's right, the last few times we've just waited till he fell asleep and then my brother did his thing. Let me just say that this makes everything a whole lot less stressful for all of us. Thank goodness my brother is so talented.
     Well anyway this last cut Billy ended up cutting Gatlins hair quite a bit shorter than usual. Now we've always kept Gatty's hair longer but at this point is was way too long because we hadn't been able to schedule a cut soon enough. Billy's thought was that by cutting it shorter I wouldn't have to get Gatty's hair cut so often. Well I just have to say that as much as I appreciate his good intentions this Mamma is too stuck on her baby's long hair.
     I absolutely love Gatty's curls and I feel like his longer hair has always suited his personality well. This is why we've never cut it short in the first place. Right after I saw the cut for the first time I knew I didn't like it. Nothing against my brother but it just wasn't Gatty. Now after several days I will admit that it's growing on me a bit but I still can't wait for my baby's hair to grow back out again. There's just something about those curls that go so well with my little guy's personality. I guess some Mamma's don't do well with change.

No comments:

Post a Comment