Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Horrible Hands

     As I'm sure most of you know already, when dealing with children it is important to wash your hands often. Well with two little ones like I have I am constantly washing my hands. In fact I wash my hands so much they that they just look terrible. They are extremely dry and just look awful. I know I should put lotion on often, probably after every hand washing, but there's no time for that. I'm a busy person and unfortunately my hands suffer for it.
     There are a few things that I do though to try to spare them. I do apply lotion when it occurs to me but honestly that doesn't happen very often. When things get really bad that they hurt I will put vaseline all over them before bed and usually by morning they look significantly better. But there is one thing that I have noticed that helps the most and that's when I use natural handmade soaps. I am a huge fan of natural handmade soaps for many, many reasons but my hands are a big reason.
     It never fails that if I use natural soaps for my hands then I never seem to have near as big of a problem with them. I can wash my hands just as often as any other time but natural soaps will keep them protected better. They never seem to dry out as much when using an all natural soap compared to commercial soaps. The is probably because most commercial soaps aren't really even soap at all. They are actually detergents and there is a big difference in the effect that soap vs detergents have on your skin. So my advice to you is that you make the switch to natural soaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment