Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Comfy Chair

     When I was pregnant with Gatlin I started having a really hard time sleeping comfortably in bed at night. I wanted to lay down and sleep but it was just so completely uncomfortable for me that I barely got any sleep at all during the night. So after several conversations about it my husband and I decided to go buy a recliner. We looked at recliners at almost every store in town before we finally settled on one at Ashley Furniture.
     The recliner there was perfect. I was a neutral beige color and very comfortable. Plus the biggest draw was that it was the most affordable price. It was a very nice leather recliner but it had a large discoloration on the right arm rest so they had it in their clearance room. An unbeatable price and it looked great, despite that one spot. I knew this chair was going to be my best friend through the end of my pregnancy.
     I was right of course. That chair was about the only way I got any sleep for the remainder of my pregnancy with Gatty. What I didn't anticipate was how much that chair would still mean to me after all this time. Not only was it great to sleep in when the bed was unbearable, but it was also excellent to sit in while I nursed Gatty. So just with Gatlin alone it had been of great use but now Draiman I get even more use. Just as before it's a great spot to sit while nursing Draiman but the nice thing about it is that with it's overstuffed arms there is still plenty of room for Gatty to sit with us.
     That's right, a lot of times I am sitting in that same chair with both of my munchkins. It's been a great way for me to be able to nurse the new baby and still keep Gatlin close with me as well. Gatty and I have always been so close and I was really concerned that once Draiman came along I would have big issues with jealousy, but surprisingly it hasn't been bad at all. I honestly think it has helped a lot having the recliner. It's been nice to be able to nurse Draiman and still have Gatty comfortably and safely by my side. I really think it's helped the three of us bond together even more. I would've have never guessed that a recliner would provide such closeness for me and my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment