Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Baby Books / Free Charm Template

     Family heirlooms are a BIG deal to me. This is the main reason that I decided to become a photographer. So I do my best to spend time working on baby books for the boys. I don't always get every blank filled in when I should but I always make time to add to them. I feel that it is important for my boys to have their baby books when they are adults. It will be nice for them to look through them and learn a little about their own history. (I am lucky to have my own baby book to look at share with the boys later)
     Well a few weeks ago I was working on the baby books when I got an idea for the little family trees in the books. I decided that it would be nice to put in little pictures of each of the relatives along with their name. This way the boys could associate a face with the name. As I'm sure many of you know there is not a whole lot of room on those pages to be adding a bunch of pictures. So I got to thinking about it more and decided that some little charm size pictures (1.25" x 1.75") would work out rather well for this. Now the next problem was how to get little pictures that small of all the different relatives. With that I decided to create a template where I could put several charm size pictures on a 4x6 print. (an idea inspired by Rita over at The CoffeeShop ).
     It has taken me a while to figure out how to create this template but I finally have it done. I created a 4x6 template that holds 8 charm photos. All you have to do is use the clipping masks to insert your pics and then send if off to be printed!


If you would like to use my Charm Template the just click the link here to download : Charm Template.

If you need instructions for using clipping masks then check out Rita's awesome tutorial Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment