Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spoon Baby

     It seems like no matter how many toddler spoons we buy, we still never have enough of them. Maybe that's because Gatlin is obsessed with spoons. He steals them all. For some reason he just really likes spoons. Usually you will see him walking around with a handful of spoons. Even if we do manage to get them away from him and washed he still manages to get them back.
     If you give him a spoon to eat with he will keep it well past meal time. If you have a spoon out and set it down you might as well forget about it because he's already stolen it. Put the spoons away and he just manages to break into the silverware drawer to get them. You could always leave them sitting in the dish drainer up on the counter but he'll just grab a toy bus or something and climb up after them. There's just now winning with this kid!
     I guess there are worse things he could do besides carrying around a bunch of spoons. Usually he just takes his own spoons anyway. Honestly it's kind of funny watching him play with his spoons. I probably shouldn't complain at all because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I recall Grams (my grandma) telling me that when I was about two I used to play with spoons a lot. I bet if she were here to see him now she'd get a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment