Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

30 in 30

     Would you believe that I would be crazy enough to agree to a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge? Well believe it because I did! Yep I decided that's it is now or never. I wanted to work more on my art this year so this challenge will be perfect to get me started. The rules are simple, you just have to complete one painting a day in January (we get one free day off) and they can be small paintings too.
     It's been about six years since I've really painted much of anything consistently. I mean don't get me wrong, I've done a few simple paintings here and there but it's been quite a while since I've dedicated any real time to it. This challenge is scary to me but it will be great to get me started again and for that I am excited. I can't wait to see how much I learn and grow by the end of this month.
     So here is the first of my 30 paintings. I did this one late last night after the boys were asleep. It is a black hole. I thought it would be simple but give me a chance to work on my color blending skills. Although it looks super simple it was a little bit challenging  for me. I struggled getting it to look just the way I wanted. In the end I'm not fairly happy with it. It's not exactly what I wanted but hey it's a start.


This is a 6x6 acrylic on paper.The purple color is much nicer in person. This is just a cell phone pic but you get the idea. :)

Update:

Here is a better pic of this painting and it shows my crazy rough edges too! Much more color here too than what my camera phone captured.


No comments:

Post a Comment