Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day 16 - Captain

Day 16 - Captain - 8x10 acrylic on canvas panel

     My husband is a huge fan of Marvel Comics and over the years he has gotten me more into them too. We love watching the movies together and I've really taken an interest in them more and more. One of my favorite characters is Captain America, I think it's partly because I like the character and partly because he's played by Chris Evans. Chris Evans is awesome!! Oh yes he's definitely on my list!
     Well anyway I decided to paint this image because I thought both my husband and I would really like it. I mean I wanted to do something cool for him and it sure doesn't hurt that I like Captain America too. So this one is for sure going to be hung on our wall somewhere in this house.
     On a side note I want to comment that after doing all the other paintings on paper it was kind of strange doing this one on canvas panel. In the past I had used canvas panel mostly but this time it felt like it was really soaking up my paints. It seemed like I have to paint several more coats than what I was doing with the paper. Whatever it was it made this one take a bit longer. It was probably a difference in surface as well as size since this one is a bit bigger. In any case this painting took about two hours to complete. All in all I'm happy with it and that's all that matters.

Note: I have decided to remove this image in case I may have accidentally violated any copyright or trademark laws. That was never my intent but after researching more about the laws I can't be sure if my paintings are safe or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment