Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 10 - Twister

Day 10 - Twister - acrylic on paper


     My Mom and I always found tornadoes fascinating. In fact one of her favorite movies was Twister with Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton. Blue was also her favorite color so I'm pretty sure that if she were here to see this she would love it. I'm so glad that this one came out as well as it did.
     I had been wanting to paint this image for a while now but I was really nervous about it because I didn't want to mess it all up. A lot of times I want to paint an image a certain way but I just can't figure out how to get the paint to do what I want it to. Well yesterday I found out about some videos posted by a fellow artist and facebook friend Klaire Russell and I decided to watch them. Wow was I amazed with her painting and the ease with which she does it. After watching all the videos I started thinking that maybe I was stressing too much and I just really needed to relax and enjoy it more.
    When it came time to start this painting I thought about Klaire and I decided to just relax and go with the flow. I wanted to enjoy the image I was creating rather than worry about whether not is was technically sound or realistic looking. As you can see this is what I came up with and I'm very happy about it.

A huge thanks to Klaire Russel for sharing her videos. Please click here to check out videos-
                                                                                               ---->KSTARSTUDIOS

2 comments:

  1. Living in Kansas, I find tornadoes exciting as well as a really scary thing. One went over our farmstead about 5 years ago and really did some damage. I think your painting shows such great rotation of one of these weather phenomenons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I completely understand what you mean Pattie. I think they're amazing but I sure wouldn't want one too close to me. Thank you so much for your compliment too. I was really hoping to capture it well and I'm pretty pleased with what I accomplished. It means a great deal to me that someone else thinks I did well also. :)

      Delete