Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

Paint Bag

      It took me a while to even get this image because Gatlin kept moving every time I tried to take it. Finally I won though! Here he's playing with one of those paint bags that I had mentioned in a previous post.
All I did was pour some acrylic craft paint into a quart size Ziploc freezer bag and seal it. Then I taped the top of it shut with clear packing tape to prevent the boys from opening it. Now with my kiddos I still don't intend to leave them unsupervised with it because I know they'll just rip the bag open if I don't watch them.
      I orginally saw this idea on pinterest, here is the LINK. I really liked it because it is sensory play and also along falls in line with occupational therapy. These simple little bags allow the kids to "paint" without making a mess and experience the feel of the paint (sensory) without having to actually touch it. They can also practice drawing lines and shapes in the paint. Its really kind of fun.
      I think I will make some more paint bags in different colors so that we can work on colors also. I encourage you to try this idea with your little ones. I'm sure they will like it and its a great step towards finger painting if you have children like mine that are weary of new textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment