Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 11 & 12

     Well I got a little behind on my painting thanks to my brother. He decided to rope me into a late night cake decorating session. We were up late working on a cake together which was quite a bit of fun but it did take me away from my painting. I would say it was worth it though to hang out with my brother and goof around while working on a cake.
      So last night I decided to get back on track by doing two simple paintings. I wanted to keep it very simple and not worry about a reference photo. The plan was to just have fun with it and see what I came up with. It was quite fun actually and here are the results.

Day 11- Tropical Heat - 6x6 acrylic on paper


Day 12 - Ridiculous (because these flowers are just ridiculous) - 6x6 acrylic on paper


     On another note I want to take a minute to talk about white balance. As most of you know I am a photographer also but please do not judge these photos as being my quality work. You see this is a challenge for me to make all of these paintings so at this point in time I just want to get images of them posted quickly and I did not worry about being technically correct with them. With that said notice how the background white paper of each painting is a different color? Well that is because I did not take the time to correct my white balance, which also means that the colors of each painting are off and not exactly what you would see in person. These images were all taken with my camera set on auto white balance, I did not do a custom white balance or correct these in photoshop. If I wanted to display quality photos of these paintings I would make sure that the white paper looked like the white it actually is and that it looked the same in each photo. That would ensure that my colors of paint would also be correct. So I just wanted to mention this to give you a very quick lesson in importance of proper white balance.

     Ok I'm done! Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment